- 1 whole butternut squash. Peeled & quartered
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled & chopped to same size as butternut squash
- 8 potatoes. Chopped to half the size of butternut
- 1 tablespoon herb of choice (coriander,rosemary or thyme work well)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to desired taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1-2 cloves chopped garlic
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 5. Make sure the non-stick roasting tray is in the oven at this time. It needs to be nice & hot when you place potatoes in it.
Wash your root vegetables and cut them all to the same size. Potatoes cook longest,so put these first. (Alternatively,chop potatoes to half the size of butternut & sweet potato)*I put in all my veg at the same time
In a large pot, add 2 tablespoons oil. Pot on the hob/stove top. Add 1-2cloves chopped garlic. Add 1 tablespoon dried herbs of choice. (Rosemary,thyme or coriander are best) and a quarter teaspoon black pepper.
As the mix starts to sizzle, add all your root vegetables. Start mixing well, so that all veg is coated in the oil & herbs. When all veg is covered in oil,tip in the roasting tray that is in the oven. Bake for 1hr 30mins or until potatoes cooked.
Serve with some dry fried meat or braai meat