- 1 x 425 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in tomato sauce
- 2 French sticks
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp yellow pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 coriander leaves
Well this here is yet another fantastic, easy to do and tasty recipe to follow. You can enjoy this as your lunch or light supper. It’s again also great for the lunchbox. So if you’re thinking of something yum and different to put in the lunchbox, this might just be it.
- Bread knife
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1 x 425 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in tomato sauce
2 French sticks
1 cup cucumber, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
5 lettuce leaves
1 tbsp yellow pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
5 coriander leaves.
- Separate the pilchards from their sauce. Put the pilchards in a bowl and gently break them up into medium sized pieces using a tablespoon.
- Add the rest of the ingredients save for the french sticks! Give a gentle mix until everything is just combined.
- Take the french sticks and cut each one into 3 portions. Slice each portion half-way ensuring you don’t slice it up all the way (in more or less the same manner that you do when preparing a hot dog).
- Place some lettuce leaves inside the sliced french sticks. Spoon the filling into each one. That’s it, enjoy!