- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup baobab powder
- 200g castor sugar
- 4 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 125ml oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml sour milk
Please note, if you don’t have a bundt cake tin you can just use a regular cake tin. A bundt cake tin is basically one that has a tube in the middle and scalloped sides to create that patterned look when the cake is unmoulded.
- 12 inch Bundt Cake tin/ Round cake tin
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Masher/table fork
- Measuring jug
- Measuring cups
- Measurig scale
- Table knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include, 300g self-raising flour
1/2 cup baobab powder
200g castor sugar
4 ripe medium bananas, mashed
125 ml oil
1 tsp baking powder
200 ml sour milk.
- Grease bundt tin with margarine and lightly dust it with flour. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Put sugar in bowl. Sift flour and baking powder together and add to same bowl. Add the baobab powder. Combine until evenly incorporated.
- Make a well in the middle. Add all the wet ingredients i.e eggs, oil, mashed bananas and buttermilk.
- Mix until well combined taking care not to over mix as this will produce a tough textured cake.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake tin. Level it out with a table knife.
- Bake in pre-heat oven for 50 min or until skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 10 min before attempting to take it out from tin. Give it additional time to cool before attempting to cut to prevent crumbling.