- 500g beef steak, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
This is a pretty simple and quick recipe. If you get a really good quality steak, you’ll be done cooking in no time and you as well as those who you would have cooked the meal for will enjoy this dish.
- Get your ingredients ready. Season the beef (500g, beef steak, cut into strips) with salt (1 tsp) and ground black pepper (1/4 tsp). Heat oil in pan (2 tbsp) and add the beef strips and garlic (3 cloves garlic, minced). Add curry powder (1/2 tsp) and fry until beef begins to brown.
- Add onions (1 medium, diced) and saute them for about 2 minutes. Add the peppers (1/2 red, 1/2 yellow and 1/2 green peppers, cut into strips) and fry for another 2 minutes, just to get them cooked. Add soy sauce (2 tsp) and stir. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Leave it on the stove top for another 2 minutes, allowing the flavours to fuse.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Enjoy this with some rice or potatoes. Give it a go and let me know how you find it. I’d love to hear from you. Are you on our mailing list as yet? Join over 800 home chefs who receive updates by email daily from ZimboKitchen. Sign-up here it’s quick and easy.