- Pizza dough
- 400g mince meat
- 200g mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree (paste)
- oil for frying
This was fairly “fun” doing. I was a bit nervous, not sure this was going to pan out but I’m glad that it all worked out at the end. It’s a pretty quick and easy recipe and you can most certainly make your own pizza at home. The twist to this Boerewors pizza is that I used minced pork steak in place of the usual topside or fat free mince. It still tasted just as good. To add to the cheesy-ness of the pizza you can use both mozzarella and cheddar cheese. This recipe makes 1 medium thick based pizza and 1 small thin base pizza. Okay, enough talking, let’s do this 🙂
Follow this link to learn how to make the pizza dough I used in this recipe => How to make quick and easy Pizza dough
- Have your cheese (200g mozzarella cheese, grated), tomato puree (4tbsp), onions (1 small onion, chopped), garlic (2 cloves, minced), tomatoes (1 medium tomato, chopped), yellow pepper (1/4 yellow pepper, chopped) and pizza dough ready. Heat oil in pan and add your mince meat (400g mince).
- Season with salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp ground black pepper) and brown the mince. When mince is browned, add onions and garlic, sweat them for about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and yellow pepper. Stir and add tomato puree (1 tbsp). Mix and let simmer for 2 minutes. Your pizza topping is ready.
- Get your pizza dough and roll it out, forming a circle as you go. Get a pyrex dish or baking sheet and lightly grease it with some pure vegetable oil or olive oil. Put your pizza dough into the greased pyrex dish then spread some tomato puree onto it.
- Add your mince topping and top everything with some mozzarella cheese. Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of your base, I had a thick base pizza so it took slightly longer)
- Your pizza’s done!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Your pizza’s done! Warm invitation to join our mailing list. Join here. We use it to communicate new recipes each time we publich them on the blog. Fell welcome to also leave me your comments below.