- ½ cup vegetable/ olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp melted chocolate/ chocolate sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup old fashioned brown sugar
- Baking sheet
- Baking paper
- 2 mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Get your ingredients together. These include; ½ cup vegetable/ olive oil; 1 large egg; 1 tsp melted chocolate (optional); 1 tsp vanilla essence; ½ cup desiccated coconut; ¼ tsp salt; ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda; 1 ½ cup plain flour and ½ cup old fashioned brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line your baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Put all the dry ingredients, i.e. flour, sugar, salt, bicarbonate of soda and the coconut into a bowl. Give a quick mix until everything is combined evenly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, put the wet ingredients, i.e. oil, essence, melted chocolate (if using) and the egg. Give another quick mix until uniform in colour.
- Take the set aside bowl with dry ingredients. Add to the oil mix a bit at a time until all incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon a small portion of the cookie dough into your hands and roll it into a ball. Place each ball onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat process until the cookie dough is finished.
- Flatten each ball gently with your fingers before baking in the preheat oven for 10 min or until done. Allow to cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!