- 1kg butternut, chopped into big cubes
- 500g carrots, chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil/ pure vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- Get you carrots (500g carrots, chopped into chunks), green peppers (1 green pepper, cut into julienne strips) , onions (1 onion, sliced into rings) and butternuts (1kg butternut, chopped into big cubes) ready. Take a measuring jug or small bowl and put together the sugar (4 tbsp), salt (1 tsp), white vinegar (3 tbsp), dried mixed herbs (1 tsp), mixed spice (1 1/2 tsp) and olive oil or pure vegetable oil (3 tbsp). Give it a good whisk.
- Add the carrots and onions to the bowl with butternuts. Spoon the vinegar and sugar mixture over the vegetables and mix well. Put the vegetables in your baking tray and bake for 45 minutes or until your butternut is tender. 30 minutes through the cooking, add your green peppers and enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
So there you have it. Pretty simple ain’t it? Give it and go and let me know how you find it.