Cheese and tomato is a popular combination for sandwiches. I’ve just put a small twist to this by adding green pepper, shallots and ground black pepper. It tastes absolutely great and I’m sure you’ll love it! Cheese is a great source of calcium which is important for the formation of strong bones and teeth. Tomatoes and green peppers are rich in antioxidants which help boost your immune system. So go ahead and eat this knowing that your body is gaining great nutritional benefit.
- Gather ingredients together.
- Take roll and cut it in half horizontally and spread butter or margarine (optional). Grate cheese.
- Get ready to assemble roll. Place lettuce on roll first, followed by cheese then the tomato slice.
- Add green pepper and shallots then sprinkle salt. Sprinkle black pepper and top layer with some more grated cheese.
- Close roll firmly and cut it in half and enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Gather ingredients together, that is, tomatoes, fresh bread rolls, green pepper, ground black pepper, cheese, lettuce and butter/ margarine (optional).
Take roll (a) and cut it in half horizontally (b) and spread butter or margarine (c) (optional). Grate cheese (d). If you don’t have a grater you can instead cut thin slices of the cheese or buy sliced cheese.
Get ready to assemble roll (a). Place lettuce on roll first, (b) followed by cheese (c) then the tomato slice (d).
Add green pepper and shallots (a) then sprinkle salt (b). Sprinkle black pepper (d) and top layer with some more grated cheese (d).
Close roll firmly (a) and (b)and cut it in half and enjoy (c) and (d)!
Enjoy preparing your snack. Please leave me a comment below!