- 500 g chicken breast
- 100 ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 3/4 ice-berg lettuce head
- 5 leaves purple lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 small beetroot, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 3 tsp dill or your preferred fresh herb
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- Honey and mustard salad dressing (optional, I used shop bought)
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Medium sized pot
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 500 g chicken breast
100 ml water
1/2 tsp salt
3 whole garlic cloves
3/4 ice-berg lettuce head
5 leaves purple lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
4 small beetroot, cooked and sliced
1/2 small red onion, sliced
3 tsp dill or your preferred fresh herb
1 green pepper, julienned
1/2 cup cashew nuts
Honey and mustard salad dressing (optional, I used shop bought)
- Put your whole chicken breast into the pot. Add water, garlic and salt. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer until the water is finished and the chicken is cooked through. Set chicken aside for 10 min.
- In the meantime, place your lettuce, herbs, tomatoes and onion into your serving dish or bowl.
- Place the beetroot slices in any pattern you like on top of the salad. Take the chicken breast and slice it. Place the slices next to the beetroot, again in any pattern you like.
- Sprinkle the cashew nuts and the green pepper on top of everything. Refrigerate until required.
- Drizzle your salad dressing on the salad just before serving. Enjoy!