- 4 cups cooked rice/pasta
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- Handful granulated sugar
- 410g Tinned chopped tomatoes
- 260g Tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 410g Baked beans
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
If you’re looking for a dish that is easy to prepare but looks lush and complicated then this is it! There’s not much effort that is needed in the preps really as well as the assembling. It can be great to use left overs to prepare it or just cook everything from scratch, it matters not.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Casserole dish
- Get your ingredients ready. These include 4 cups cooked rice; 4 cups cooked shredded chicken; 2 cloves garlic, chopped; 4 1/2 tsp ground cumin; Handful granulated sugar; 410g Tinned chopped tomatoes; 260g Tinned sweetcorn, drained; 410g Baked beans and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat oil in pan. Add the shredded cooked chicken, together with garlic and 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin.
- Fry on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan. Add the drained sweet corn and stir. Cook for just a minute.
- Take your casserole dish. Pour the tinned tomatoes. Season with 2 tsp cumin and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle the sugar on top and give a quick stir.
- Layer the rice on top of the seasoned tinned tomatoes.
- Layer the baked beans on top of the rice.
- Add the final layer which is your shredded chicken mixed with the sweet corn. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Your meal is ready, enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You can sprinkle some fresh herbs just before serving. You could also substitute rice for any pasta of your choice. Serve with a fresh crispy salad. Try it out and leave a comment below. Let me know how it goes. Are you receiving my recipe updates by email? If not please sign-up here and ensure you confirm your sign-up.