- 4 cups cooked rice/pasta
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- Handful granulated sugar
- 410g Tinned chopped tomatoes
- 260g Tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 410g Baked beans
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Casserole dish
- Get your ingredients ready. These include 4 cups cooked rice; 4 cups cooked shredded chicken; 2 cloves garlic, chopped; 4 1/2 tsp ground cumin; Handful granulated sugar; 410g Tinned chopped tomatoes; 260g Tinned sweetcorn, drained; 410g Baked beans and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat oil in pan. Add the shredded cooked chicken, together with garlic and 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin.
- Fry on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan. Add the drained sweet corn and stir. Cook for just a minute.
- Take your casserole dish. Pour the tinned tomatoes. Season with 2 tsp cumin and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle the sugar on top and give a quick stir.
- Layer the rice on top of the seasoned tinned tomatoes.
- Layer the baked beans on top of the rice.
- Add the final layer which is your shredded chicken mixed with the sweet corn. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Your meal is ready, enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You can sprinkle some fresh herbs just before serving. You could also substitute rice for any pasta of your choice. Serve with a fresh crispy salad. Try it out and leave a comment below. Let me know how it goes. Are you receiving my recipe updates by email? If not please sign-up here and ensure you confirm your sign-up.