- 400g (14 oz) Chicken breasts
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 green pepper (cut into strips)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (chopped)
Chicken is probably one of my favorite meats. There is so much you can do with it and the outcome is always fantastic. This recipe was inspired by the Tandoori chicken. I must admit that whilst I was preparing it I wasn’t too sure what the taste would be like. So when the cooking was over and the tasting was done it was absolutely delicious. You can serve this with roast potatoes as a wrap on Peter Bread or even with your plain rice. Let’s get to it!
- Gather ingredients together. Put your mayonnaise, garlic ginger and spices in a bowl and mix.
- Cut your chicken breasts into strips and add it to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture. Mix well to coat the chicken and refrigerate for at least an hour. After an hour remove your chicken from the fridge and set-aside. Take your breadcrumbs add salt and pepper.
- Add curry powder to your breadcrumbs and mix. Take set-aside chicken and coat it with the spiced breadcrumbs. Heat oil in pan and fry your coated chicken strips for ten minutes on medium heat. Whilst it is still cooking pre-heat oven to 180 degrees/360 F/ gas mark 6.
- After 10 minutes put your chicken in an oven-proof dish. Drizzle some honey and bake for 15 minutes. 12 minutes into the baking add your green pepper to the chicken strips, mix and bake for the remaining 3 minutes.
- Your chicken mayo strips are ready!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
This is really one recipe you can try for a change. The taste with the honey drizzle is just fantastic. ummmm…!! If you are not on my recipes newsletter ZimboKitchen Today a warm invitation to subscribe. You may sign up here. Please verify your email immediately after signing up so you can start receiving my recipes. Thanks a lot!