- 3x75g pkt noodles
- 400g chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 3tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- 5 cups frozen mixed veg
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
I love stir-fries, chicken and quick but healthy meals. This is a simple meal which can have you and the family eating in no time at all. I love the way the chicken strips will be nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Let’s get to it then.
- Get all the ingredients you’ll need ready. Prepare the noodles (3 pkts) as you normally would and set aside. Season your cornflour (3 tbsp) with paprika (1 tbsp) and salt (1 tsp). Season your chicken breast (400g) strips with a little salt (1 tsp) too. Coat the chicken strips with the seasoned cornflour. Heat oil (3 tbsp) in pan. Shake off an excess cornflour from the chicken strips and add them to the pan.
- Fry until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside. Using the same pan, add garlic (3 cloves, crushed) and ginger (1 tsp, chopped) and fry on low heat for a minute so the oil can get a lovely flavour. Increase heat a little and add the onions (1/2 small, chopped). Fry for about 2 minutes. Add the frozen mixed veg (5 cups) and fry for 1 minute. Add noodles, chicken strips and soy sauce (1 tsp) stir and cook for another minute and you’re good to go! Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
This will work well for lunch or even a light supper. You can also use beef or pork if you wish in place of chicken. Give this a go and let me know how it goes in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you. Sign-up here to receive recipe updates by email.