- 400 g fresh strawberries
- 150 g Pascall cooking chocolate
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (optional)
The Pascall range of chocolates is absolutely great and versatile. Here I’ve used the Pascall cooking chocolate to turn these strawberries into a lovely dessert or snack. Strawberries are loaded with high nutritional benefits ranging from the good health of your eyes, skin and even brain. This here is a quick way to eat them as a snack or dessert served with ice-cream. You can even prepare these way ahead of time. Just make sure to keep them in a cool place just as the refrigerator so that the chocolate does not melt.
- Saucepan/ Small pot
- Heatproof bowl
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Baking paper
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 400 g fresh strawberries
150 g Pascall cooking chocolate
2 tsp vegetable oil (optional)
- Wash strawberries and pat dry. Set-aside.
- Place 100 g of the chopped chocolate into the heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Put water into the saucepan or small pot. Filling it up half way. Bring water to a simmer then place the bowl on top of the pot. (We’re doing this so the steam can melt the chocolate.)
- Stir with the spatula until chocolate has melted completely. Remove from heat and add the remaining 50 g of melted chocolate. Stir vigorously until it has melted and the chocolate is nice and smooth and no streaks are showing. You may add the 2 tsp of vegetable oil to slightly thin the chocolate if it appears to be too thick.
- Line the tray with baking paper.
- Take set-aside strawberries and roll each one three quarters of the way through, the pointed-end down. Place in prepared tray. Drizzle any random design you like on each strawberry or you can leave them as is with just the first coating.
- Refrigerate for a minimum 10 minutes or until required.
- Your snack/dessert is ready!
There you have your delicious snack. Strawberries coated with chocolate like this are really a fantastic snack. My family loved them particularly my kids who kept going back to the fridge for more 🙂