- 125 g plain flour
- 1 cup old fashioned brown sugar
- ½ cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp butter/margarine
- Extra chocolate for drizzling (optional
- Square baking tin
- Baking paper
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Measuring scale
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Get your ingredients together. These include;125 g plain flour
1 cup old fashioned brown sugar
½ cup pecan nuts, chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
200g dark chocolate
4 tbsp butter/margarine
Extra chocolate for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a square baking tin with wax/baking paper and lightly grease it then set aside. Sift the flour into a bowl and again set aside.
- Break up the chocolate into a saucepan. Add butter and stir over low heat using a wooden spoon until both the chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for about 2 min.
- Add the chopped pecans and sugar. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs and mix well again.
- Take set aside sifted flour and add it to the mixture. Mix well.
- Spread the batter into your prepared cake tin.
- Bake in preheat oven for 25-30 min. When the time has elapsed and cake is done, allow it to cool in the tin before cutting it into squares and dusting with icing sugar. You may even drizzle some chocolate over if you wish.
- Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!