- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- Lemon rind from 1 medium lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
Chicken is just a fabulous meat. It’s lean, easy to prepare and has many ways in which you can prepare it. The drumstick is one of my favourite portion of a chicken! Here’s a quick and easy variation of making drumsticks.
- Have all the ingredients you’re going to use ready. Put your drumsticks (1 kg) in your marinating container. Cut slits through them. We’re doing this in order for the marinade to sip into the chicken and flavour it. Mix together olive oil (4 tbsp), lemon juice (from 1 medium lemon), garlic (3 cloves, minced), salt (1 tsp), pepper (1/4 tsp ground black pepper) and lemon rind (from 1 medium lemon) in a bowl or jug and give a quick whisk to combine everything well.
- Pour the marinade over the drumsticks and massage it into the meat. Put as much garlic as you can under the skin of the drumsticks and into the slits. Again, this is for flavour. Seal the container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or 24 hours. Put breadcrumbs in a bowl and break eggs into a bowl or jug and whisk.
- Line your roasting sheet with foil paper. Dip a drumstick into the beaten eggs (2 eggs) then into the breadcrumbs (300g) then place it onto the roasting sheet. Repeat process until all the drumsticks are coated. Put in the oven and roast at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 5 for 50 minutes. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Serve this with your preferred starch or with just a salad as a light meal. Let me know how you find it once you’ve tried it. A warm invitation to receive ZimboKitchen recipes by email. Sign-up here so you never miss any new recipes published on the blog.