- 1.5kg chicken pieces
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white meat marinade
- 2 cups all purpose flour
Though it is coated, it is a juicy and tasty chicken. I know a lot of people would rather deep fry their coated chicken but am not really a fan of deep fat frying for health reasons that’s why I decided to try and grill this chicken instead of deep fry it. There are however some recipes which you need to deep fry food such as chips (french fries), doughnuts and samoosas which you need to deep fry. I guess with such the catch would be on preventing excess fat from remaining in the food.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius/ 380 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 6 grill-bake
- Put all the ingredients you need on your working area.
- Place chicken in bowl and add the garlic.
- Pour in the marinade and mix
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, allowing the marinade and garlic to soak into the chicken.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the flour and stand for another 15 minutes.
- Put the chicken in oven and roast for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite starch such as sadza, rice or potatoes.
Enjoy!. This is really a tasty chicken recipe. Remember you will never miss a trendy Zimbabwean recipe when you like us on ZimboKitchen Facebook. You may also leave a comment below. Thanks!