- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 can tinned sweetcorn, drained or fresh (about 150g)
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine/butter
- Get your eggs (2 eggs, lightly beaten), sweetcorn(1/2 can tinned sweetcorn, drained or fresh (about 150g) ) , flour (3/4 cup self-raising flour) and cheese (1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated) ready. Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the corn and cheese and using a wooden spoon, mix everything together. Create a hole in the middle.
- Add the beaten egg then mix until everything is combined well. Melt the margarine/ butter (1 tbsp) in pan then spoon portions of the corn and cheese batter into the pan. Fry until they turn golden brown. Serve warm.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Pretty simple right? And they are nutritious too. You’ll be getting a good dose of calcium and protein from the cheese and egg as well as dietary fibre from the sweetcorn, to mention a few things. Go ahead and try them and let me know how it goes. Have you signed-up for my mailing list yet? Sign-up here so you get new recipes in your inbox.