- 500g beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cubed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 125ml fresh cream
- 1 tbsp cream of tomato soup powder plus 50 ml water
- 1/2 bunch green leafy vegetables
- bean balls (optional)
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- Cut your beef (500g) into good sized pieces. Heat oil (1 tbsp) in pan and brown the beef. Add water (500 ml) and salt (1 tsp) and simmer until the beef is tender.
- Add onions (1/2 medium onion, chopped) and carrots (1 carrot, cubed) and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the tomato (1 tomato, chopped)s and let them cook for about 3 minutes, stirring as you go.
- Add the muriwo (leafy green vegetables) (1/2 bunch) and salt (1/2 tsp). Stir until they have shrunk. Add the soup powder (1 tbsp cream of tomato soup powder) and water (50 ml). Mix and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh cream (125ml), stir, close pot and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes. Check for seasoning and adjust to your taste. If you’re adding bean balls, now would be the right time to add them. (recipe for bean balls to follow). Enjoy!