- 4 medium potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100ml fresh cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Casserole dish
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Put your sliced eggplant in a casserole dish. Sprinkle salt over and let them sit for about 30 min. This is so that the salt can draw out the bitterness from the eggplant. After 30 min, wash each slice under running water and layer them at the bottom of your casserole dish as the first layer.
- Get all your ingredients ready (4 medium potatoes, sliced thinly; 1 medium eggplant, sliced; 1 large tomato, sliced; 1 small onion, sliced; 1/4 large yellow pepper, chopped; 5 cloves garlic, chopped; 200g cheddar cheese, grated; 100ml fresh cream; Salt and pepper to taste). Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After layering your eggplant in the casserole dish. Sprinkle some chopped garlic over them. Next, add the tomato slices. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Next, add the chopped yellow pepper, onion rings and a bit of the grated cheese
- Add the thinly sliced potatoes as the next layer until they are all finished. Sprinkle a little bit of salt. Top with the grated cheese as the final topping. Pour the fresh cream, cover the casserole dish and bake in preheat oven for 45 min. Uncover and bake for a further 15 min or until the potatoes are tender.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions