- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Ovenproof dish
- Measuring jug
- Get your ingredients together. These include 3 large apples, peeled, cored and grated; 2 cups breadcrumbs; 1 tsp lemon rind, grated; 1/2 tsp cinnamon; 1/2 cup golden syrup; 1/2 cup sugar; 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup water. Mix your grated apples with the lemon rind and the cinnamon.
- Grease your ovenproof dish with a bit of margarine/butter. Spread a thin layer of the breadcrumbs. Add part of the grated apple on top.
- Add another thin layer of breadcrumbs on top of the grated apple. Repeat process until both apples and breadcrumbs are finished. The last layer should be the breadcrumbs. Put the sugar, lemon juice, water and syrup in a jug. Heat it up in the microwave and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Alternatively you can do so on the stove top. Pour this hot syrup evenly over your apple and crumbs .
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for one hour or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s all there is to it. Give it a go and let me know how it goes in your kitchen in the comments below.