- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 280g self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
Be careful with the heat. If your stove is too hot they will burn and won’t be done in the middle as heat will not be distributed evenly.
- Break eggs in bowl, add oil, sugar, essence and milk.
- Beat the mixture with a whisker and set aside when fully mixed together. Take a separate bowl and sift flour and salt together.
- Take set-aside bowl with egg and milk mixture and add your sifted flour to it. Swap your whisk with a wooden spoon and mix until it is all folded in together. Check consistency it should be of a thick, dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in pan and using a table spoon, spoon small amounts of the crumpet butter into the pan. When bubbles begin to form on a crumpet use a spatula to flip it and let it cook until it turns golden brown. Repeat process until the crumpet butter is finished.
- When crumpets are turned golden brown put them in a tea towel and gently wrap them so they stay warm until you are ready to serve.
- Serve with honey, jam, margarine or cream.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
So this is it. They just look so inviting when presenting them. We had these for breakfast with my family and boy did everybody just love them. If you are not already on my ZimboKitchen Today newsletter I would like to extend a warm invitation. I usually send new recipes everyday for you to try out. Sign up here and remember to verify your subscription in your inbox. Also leave me a comment below if you will…Thanks!