- 2 cups rice
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Good sized pot
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Wooden spoon
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 2 cups rice; 2 tsp finely chopped garlic; 1/2 small onion, finely chopped; 3 tsp curry powder; 3 1/2 cups water; 1/2 cup raisins; 1 tsp salt; 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper; 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper and 3 tbsp cooking oil.
- Rinse the rice and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil in pot. Add the garlic, onion and curry powder. Fry for 2 min.
- Add the rice and fry for another 2 min, stirring regularly.
- Add water and salt. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat by a notch until the water is no longer visible.
- At this point, reduce the heat by a notch down again. Allow the rice to simmer until all the water is gone.
- Fluff up the rice then add raisins, green and red peppers. Mix gently with the fork until evenly incorporated. Enjoy!
That’s all there is. Give it a go and let me know how it turns out in your kitchen in the comments below.