- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup custard powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup castor sugar
- rind from 1 large orange
- 250ml orange juice
- 100g butter
- 3 eggs
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Loaf tin
- Grease proof/ baking paper
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 4. Grease and line your loaf tin with grease proof/ baking paper. Get the ingredients ready. These are 2 cups self-raising flour; 1/3 cup custard powder; 1 tsp baking powder; 1 1/2 cup castor sugar; rind from 1 large orange; 250ml orange juice; 100g butter and 3 eggs.
- Sift custard powder, baking powder and self raising flour together into a bowl. Rub in the margarine until a coarse crumbly texture is formed. Make a well in the middle and add the rest of the ingredients (in no particular order). Mix with wooden spoon until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tin. Bake in preheat oven for 35-40 min or until skewer comes out clean when inserted. Allow to cool before attempting to take it out of the tin. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Try it out for yourself and enjoy the goodness! Let me know when you have tried it, I’d love to hear from you. If you don’t want custard you could always have it as it is with a cuppa or with some ice-cream!