- 250 g Milk Chocolate, chopped
- 500 ml ice-cream of your choice, slightly thawed
- Fresh / Tinned fruit of your choice, sliced/chopped
- 1 tbsp icing sugar for dusting
- 10 paper cups
- Saucepan/ Small pot
- Heatproof bowl
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Cooling rack
- Baking paper
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 250 g Milk Chocolate, chopped
500 ml ice-cream of your choice, slightly thawed
Fresh / Tinned fruit of your choice, sliced/chopped
1 tbsp icing sugar for dusting
- Prepare the paper cups by measuring and marking 4 cm right round from the bottom going up. Cut along your 4 cm marking and set prepared cups aside.
- Place 200 g of the chopped chocolate into the heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Put water into the saucepan or small pot. Filling it up half way. Bring water to a simmer then place the bowl on top of the pot. (We’re doing this so the steam can melt the chocolate.)
- Stir with the spatula until chocolate has melted completely. Remove from heat and add the remaining 50 g of melted chocolate. Stir vigorously until it has melted and the chocolate is nice and smooth and no streaks are showing.
- Put your baking paper on the countertop. Place the cooling rack on top of the baking paper. (We’re doing this so that any drippings of extra chocolate, as it dries up, will fall onto the baking paper).
- Take one of the prepared paper cups. Spoon about 3 tbsp of the melted chocolate into it. Tilt the cup sideways to allow the chocolate to fully and evenly coat the inside of the cup. Let any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl before placing the cup upside down on the cooling rack for the chocolate to firm up. Repeat process until the paper cups are finished.
- Allow the chocolate to firm up at room temperature (about 15 min) or if you want to speed up things 10 min in the refrigerator. When chocolate is firm, carefully and gently peel off the paper cups.
- Scoop some ice-cream into the chocolate cups, top them up with your preferred fruit, here I used fresh strawberries and tinned mixed fruit. Dust each cup with icing sugar just before serving. Enjoy!