- 2 1/2 kg potatoes, mashed
- 400g steak mince
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup fresh mixed vegetables
- a little oil for frying
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 70ml chicken stock
- Prepare your mashed potatoes as you normally would. Or click here to learn how do so. Get your ingredients together for the filling ((400g steak mince, 1/2 small onion, chopped, 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped, 1 1/2 cup fresh mixed vegetables, a little oil for frying, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper ). Heat oil in pan. Add mince, season with salt and pepper and fry until browned. Add the onions, fresh mint leaves and curry powder. Fry for about 2 minutes. Add the mixed vegetables, reduce heat and fry until cooked (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add chicken stock and reduce hit. Replace pan lid and let this gently simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 6/ 180 degrees in fan assisted oven. Get your ramekins (order your set from my online shop here) and fill them half way with the mince. Top them up with the mashed potato. Use the back of your fork to make a design. Bake in preheat oven for 20 minutes then grill for the remaining 10 minutes or until the potato has a lovely caramelized brown colour.
- Stand on cooling rack for about 5 minutes before serving as they will be very hot. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Go ahead and give it a go. Wow your family and friends with this simple yet delicious meal. You’re guaranteed to impress and have compliments flying your way from presentation to taste. For a limited time only, get your own ramekins such as I have used in this recipe by going to my online shop here.