- 400 g pasta of your choice
- 500 g chicken breast
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- Handful green beans, cut in half
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped finely
- 250 g oyster mushroom, julienned
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 350 ml fresh cream
- 50 ml fresh milk
- 1 tbsp cream of mushroom powder/ flour
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Handful raw cashew nuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- Large pot
- Large non-stick frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Small Bowl
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 400 g pasta of your choice
500 g chicken breast
2 medium carrots, julienned
Handful green beans, cut in half
1 small onion, sliced
2 tsp garlic, chopped finely
250 g oyster mushroom, julienned
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp curry powder
350 ml fresh cream
50 ml fresh milk
1 tbsp cream of mushroom powder/ flour
3 tbsp cooking oil
Handful raw cashew nuts (optional)
2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- Prepare your pasta according to the instructions on the pack, or the normal way you usually do it (making sure it doesn’t get over cooked). Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Add the chicken and garlic. Season with 1/2 tsp salt. Fry for about 10 min or just until the chicken is tender and cooked. Remove from pan, straining any excess oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, add your carrots. Fry for 2 mins. Add the green beans, onion and curry powder and again fry for another 2 mins. Finally add your mushroom, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Fry again, for 2 mins.
- Return the chicken to the pan, and fry for 3 min. In a separate bowl, mix together your cream of mushroom soup powder or flour with the fresh cream and milk.
- Pour this mixture into the pan and let in simmer for 3 min. If it seems too thick for your liking, you may add more cream or milk.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the pan. Mix until the pasta is coated well and everything is mixed together perfectly. Simmer on very low heat for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the cashews and spring onion just before serving. Enjoy!