- 1 kg chicken portions;
- 1 medium orange
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, finely crushed
- 2 tbsp pure honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Resources You Will Need
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Wooden spoon
- Get your ingredients together. These include 1 kg chicken portions; 1 medium orange; 1 small onion, chopped finely; 4 cloves garlic, finely minced; 2 tbsp pure honey; 2 tbsp Dijon mustard and Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper to your preference and place in a container.
- Grate the orange and put the zest into a bowl. Squeeze the juice from the orange and top it up with some extra orange juice until it reaches 250ml.
- Add this juice to the bowl with the orange zest together with the onion, garlic, ginger and honey. Give a quick mix.
- Pour the liquid into a saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and allow a gentle simmer for 5- 6 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and whisk in the mustard.
- Pour the orange mustard sauce over the chicken, ensuring that each piece is coated well. Allow to marinate for at least 3 hrs.
- When the time has elapsed, preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Roast in the oven for 40-45 min or until well done. Enjoy!
That’s all there is to it. You may serve with a salad as a light meal or with your preferred starch and veg. Enjoy!