- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 125ml unsalted butter/ margarine
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- extra dessicated coconut for decorating (optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
Coconuts are one of my many favored flavors, especially in baked treats. From cakes to cookies and these cupcakes. If you’re into hassle free recipes which produce delicious results then this is one of your best finds, especially if you’re fond of coconut! If you’re not then maybe after trying these out you’ll have found a new love for coconuts! Let’s get to it then.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 5. Get all the ingredients you’re going to use ready. Sift flour (1 3/4 cup plain flour), bicarbonate of soda (1 tsp), baking powder (1 tsp) and salt (1 tsp) into a bowl. Add sugar (1 cup) and dessicated coconut ( 1 cup). Whisk until just combined and set aside.
- Melt butter/margarine (125ml), add vinegar (1 tbsp apple cider vinegar), essence (1 tbsp vanilla essence) and milk (1 cup coconut milk) and whisk. Take set aside bowl with dry ingredients, make a well in the middle and pour the wet ingredients. Gently combine the ingredients together, again until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently combine the ingredients together, again until just combined. Do not over mix.. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill each one 3/4 with the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or a little more, just until skewer comes out clean. Place on cooling rack and allow to cool before decorating if you so wish. Here I used butter cream icing. You may click HERE to learn how to make butter cream icing. Or if your prefer fresh cream frosting, follow THIS LINK. I then sprinkled the cupcakes with the some extra dessicated coconut (this is optional). Enjoy!
So these are definitely simple. You can have them as a snack, put them in the lunch box for kids or yourself and even enjoy them with a cuppa. Go ahead and try them out and please do let me know how it turns out, I’d love to hear from you. Sign-up here to receive email updates when new recipes have been published. Join over 900 home chefs following ZimboKitchen by email. Join Here