- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 125ml unsalted butter/ margarine
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- extra dessicated coconut for decorating (optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 5. Get all the ingredients you’re going to use ready. Sift flour (1 3/4 cup plain flour), bicarbonate of soda (1 tsp), baking powder (1 tsp) and salt (1 tsp) into a bowl. Add sugar (1 cup) and dessicated coconut ( 1 cup). Whisk until just combined and set aside.
- Melt butter/margarine (125ml), add vinegar (1 tbsp apple cider vinegar), essence (1 tbsp vanilla essence) and milk (1 cup coconut milk) and whisk. Take set aside bowl with dry ingredients, make a well in the middle and pour the wet ingredients. Gently combine the ingredients together, again until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently combine the ingredients together, again until just combined. Do not over mix.. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill each one 3/4 with the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or a little more, just until skewer comes out clean. Place on cooling rack and allow to cool before decorating if you so wish. Here I used butter cream icing. You may click HERE to learn how to make butter cream icing. Or if your prefer fresh cream frosting, follow THIS LINK. I then sprinkled the cupcakes with the some extra dessicated coconut (this is optional). Enjoy!
So these are definitely simple. You can have them as a snack, put them in the lunch box for kids or yourself and even enjoy them with a cuppa. Go ahead and try them out and please do let me know how it turns out, I’d love to hear from you. Sign-up here to receive email updates when new recipes have been published. Join over 900 home chefs following ZimboKitchen by email. Join Here