- 300g pork steak
- 400g chicken breast
- 1/4 large green pepper
- 1/4 large read pepper
- 1/4 large yellow pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 large carrot
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp diced pineapple
- 1 medium sized onion
- Oil for frying
Stir fries are one of those quick and healthy meals that you can prepare for yourself and loved ones. This is a pretty quick meal and will great for those days when you get unexpected visitors, the taste is just superb (they may even secretly continue to be “unexpected” visitors just to have more of this, LOL). I bought the ingredients for this recipe from Borne Marche and Spar here in Harare but am sure they are also readily available in other supermarkets. Let’s cook!
- Cut your peppers and carrots into julienne strips and your onions into thin rings. Also cut your pork steak into strips. With your pork strips in your bowl add half garlic, half ginger, 1 tsp salt, half tsp ground black pepper, half tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp soy sauce and mix everything together. Heat oil in pan and add your seasoned pork strips.
- As the pork is browning up repeat the same process for the chicken breast. That is cut it into strips add half garlic, half ginger, 1 tsp salt, half tsp ground black pepper, , half tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp soy sauce and mix everything together. Set-aside. Remove browned pork strips from heat and set-aside.
- In the same pan, brown up the chicken breasts. Once browned remove heat and put in the same plate were you put the browned pork strips and set-aside. In the same pan again, add your carrot julienne strips and saute for about 2 min.
- Add onion rings and saute for a minute, add pineapple and stir. Then add peppers and stir for a minute.
- Take set-aside chicken and pork strips and add to pan and stir for another minute giving time for the flavors to marry.
- Your chicken and pork stir fry is ready!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
There you have your tasty chicken and pork stir fry. Straight forward and easy to make – right?. I really hope you will have an opportunity to set-aside a special day to prepare this fantastic dish for your family and loved ones. You know my conclusion would not be complete without asking for your special company on my newsletter – ZimboKItchen Today – which I dispatch each time I have a new recipe to share. Please sign-up here and be sure to confirm your subscription immediately after sign-up in your inbox. Welcome aboard now you will never miss anything happening on ZimboKitchen.