- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp caramel essence
- 3/4 cup canola/vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 10 inch (25.4cm) bundt/cake tin
- Mixing bowl
- Hand/Stand mixer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Get your ingredients together, ensure that they are at room temperature. This helps the ingredients to get incorporated well when mixing the batter.
- The ingredients include; 2 1/2 cups cake flour; 1 1/2 cup caster sugar; 2 1/4 tsp baking powder; 1/2 tsp salt; 3/4 cup desiccated coconut; 2 tsp caramel essence; 3/4 cup canola/vegetable oil; 4 eggs and 1 cup milk.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease your bundt/cake tin and dust it lightly with flour. Set aside.
- Put sugar, coconut and salt in a bowl. Sift flour and baking powder into the same bowl.
- Add essence and oil into the same bowl. Mix until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until it’s well incorporated before adding the next one.
- Add half the milk and mix well. Add the remaining half of the milk and again mix until well combined.
- Take set aside prepared cake tin and pour the cake batter in. Bake in preheat oven for 45-60 min or until skewer comes out clean when inserted. Allow the cake to cool for 15 min then turn it onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely. Enjoy!
Give the cake a go and let me know how you find it. Leave a comment below.