- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 100g margarine
- 1 tbsp toffee syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius/ 300 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 2. Get your flour (1 cup plain flour), dessicated coconut (3/4 cup), old fashioned oats (1 cup) and castor sugar (3/4 cup) ready. Sift the flour into your mixing bowl. Add your sugar, coconut and old fashioned oats, combine well and set aside.
- Put your baking powder (1 tsp) in a jar, add the boiling water (2 tbsp) and stir. Put the margarine (100g) in a saucepan and add the syrup (1 tbsp toffee syrup).
- As soon as the margarine melts remove saucepan from heat and pour the baking powder mixture. Take set aside bowl with dry ingredients and make a well in the middle. Whilst the melted margarine mixture is still warm immediately pour it into the bowl with dry ingredients. Mix until everything is just combined.
- Grease your baking sheet with pure vegetable oil. Spoon a level tablespoon of the mixture onto the baking sheet, and press down gently. Keep the cookies about 3 cm apart. Bake for 25 minutes or until they are a beautiful brown colour. Cool them on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes and they’re ready to eat.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Nothing to it right? You may store these in an airtight container, if they are not all consumed on their way there! Give them a go, they will most definitely be a hit. Let me know how they turn out. If you are not already on my mailing list, consider signing up here to receive latest recipes by email. This way you get to know what’s happening at Zimbokitchen even when you are unable to check-in on the site.