- 1/2 lettuce head
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 large cucumber, cut into wedges
- 1/4 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 75g macadamia nuts, cut in half (optional)
Back to the salad…. The salad dressing I used in this recipe can be found HERE.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- Prepare all your ingredients. These are 1/2 lettuce head; 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges; 1/2 large cucumber, cut into wedges; 1/4 large green pepper, cut into strips; 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges and 75g macadamia nuts, cut in half (optional)
- Break off the lettuce into rough bits and put in the bowl.
- Add the tomatoes wedges.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in no particular order. Give everything a quick toss using the tongs or your hands! Add the salad dressing just before serving. This is so that your salad (esp the lettuce leaves) do not become soggy. Adding the salad dressing just before serving also enhances the flavour of your salad). Learn how to prepare the salad dressing I used by clicking HERE.
- Give another quick toss and your salad is ready. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You can enjoy this nutritious salad on its own or serve it with your main meal. Be it roast potatoes, fries, rice, pasta, ribs…. anything really (well maybe save for sadza 😀 !!) Only add your dressing just before serving as you don’t want your salad to become soggy and this also enhances the flavour to ultimate enjoyment! Get new recipes alerts by email by signing-up here