- 1 punnet button mushrooms, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or suitable margarine
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
Mushrooms are so easy to prepare. You can add them to your main dishes or have them as a side dish, accompanying your main meal. This here is a side dish. You can have it with just about anything, even sadza! It also doesn’t take much time to prepare so you’ll be sitting and eating in no time at all.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients ready. These include 1 punnet button mushrooms, diced; 2 large tomatoes, chopped; 1 small onion, chopped; 3 cloves garlic, chopped; 1 tbsp butter or suitable margarine; 3 spring onions, finely chopped; 1/2 tsp salt; 1/4 tsp ground black pepper; 1 tsp dried basil and 1/2 tsp dried thyme.
- Melt the butter in pan. Fry them for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushroom.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Give a quick stir.
- Close the pan and simmer on low heat until the mushroom and tomatoes are cooked through and the juice from the tomatoes is reduced (about 10 min). Open and stir occasionally. Sprinkle the spring onions just before serving. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
As I already mentioned, you can serve this as part of your main meal or as your side dish. Pretty simple, pretty quick, pretty tasty! Let me know how you find it when you try it out.