- 2 medium cups Samp thoroughly washed
- 2 mediums sized spring onions chopped
- A mixture of red & yellow peppers sliced
- A couple of parsley leaves chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 /2 cup water
- Boil Samp for 1hr or more until its properly cooked and soft (you can add salt as you boil Samp)
- On medium heat in a large saucepan add oil,and fry onions,add turmeric,paprika,black pepper.
- Fry onion till soft then add the peppers.add the Samp and fry till mixture is nice and yellow.Add the parsley and fry for a further 2-3 mins
- Add the water then place lid and reduce heat.leave to simmer slowly for about 20-30mins
- Do not let Samp overcook,when cooked it should be nice and yellow and not too dry.
NB-served Samp with slow fried pork chops!!