- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp all in one curry powder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, cubed
This is one of my favourite ways to prepare rice. The flavours are just simply amazing and give a great boost to the rice in terms of taste. It’s absolutely a perfect variety to the usual plain boiled white rice, especially if it’s not the aromatic rice varieties.. As is said, variety is the spice of life!
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Medium pot
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Wooden spoon
- Have your ingredients ready.
- Put your oil in a pot. Add the garlic and ginger. Fry on low heat for about 2 min. This is so that the oil adopts the flavour of the garlic and ginger. Increase the heat and add the onions and curry powder. Fry for a minute. Add the carrots and fry for a further 2 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and stir. Allow this to fry for 3 min, stirring regularly to make sure the rice does not stick to the pot.
- Add water and salt. Stir a little and close the pot.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer until the rice is cooked.
- Fluff up the rice using a fork.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Now this is something that you def need to try out…. you won’t regret it! Let me know what you think when you do try it out.