- 1 kg (2.2 obs) Chicken portions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp fresh Rosemary
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
This is one of my signature dishes, I can even do it with my eyes closed LOL…I say this because its quite easy to do and the taste is yum! In fact, if you have tasted Nandos herbal chicken this one is quite close to it without using the commercial Nandos marinade (with their elusive ingredients). For a tastier and moist chicken give the marinade time to soak into the meat. Marinate for a minimum 1 hr to as long as even 48hrs in the refrigerator. In this case due to time constraints I only marinated for 3.5 hrs.
- Get your ingredients ready. Put your chicken into an air-tight marinating dish. Cut vertical slits across the chicken pieces and sprinkle some salt. Prepare your marinade. You do this by finely chopping your garlic and rosemary herbs, grating your lemon to get the zest and squeezing the juice from the lemon. Put your herbs and zest in a jag or container.
- Add lemon juice and pepper to the jag and mix well. Spoon the marinade mixture onto the chicken pieces. After all the marinade has been put on the chicken pieces massage it into the meat. Seal your marinating container and refrigerate for 3.5 hours.
- After 3.5hrs preheat your oven to grill-bake 180 degrees Celsius which is 360 degrees F or gas mark 6 then put your meat in your oven proof dish herbal side down. Grill for 1.5hrs. Half way through the grilling turn your chicken herbal side up to make the herbal side go up.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Let me know how this special grilled chicken recipe goes in your kitchen. I would like to invite you to join our newsletter ZimboKitchen Today (be sure to verify your email in your inbox afterwards) if you haven’t already done so. I did be sad to have you miss any of my exciting recipes lined up which I will deliver to your inbox. Thanks!