- 2 kg potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive/pure vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
As I’ve said before, potatoes are among one of my all time favourite starches. There’s just so much you can do with them and prepare them in a different way. These here hasselback potatoes are quite easy to make. All you need to do is scrub your potatoes, cut them but not going all the way through, season and let the oven do the rest.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Roasting tray/ Pyrex dish
- Foil paper
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Get your potatoes (2 kg) ready, wash and scrub them.
- Get the rest of the ingredients ready. These are 3 tbsp olive/pure vegetable oil;4 cloves garlic, chopped;
salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cut slits through your potatoes, making sure you do not cut it all the way through.
- Drizzle oil on to each potato.
- Season each potato with salt and pepper.
- Finally, sprinkle the garlic on to each potato as well as insert some into the slits.
- Grill-bake (with both elements on) at 190 degrees until golden brown and potatoes cooked through. You may check with a fork to gently pierce and check if they are done.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions