- 2.5 kg potatoes
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 heaped tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 50ml pure vegetable oil
- 30ml white grape vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
As I’ve said before (and I’ll keep on saying it!) potatoes are versatile. There are just so many things you can do with them. Here’s one variation of potato wedges. They are quick and simple, especially the preparation part.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Roasting tray
- Large Bowl
- Measuring jug
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
Wash and scrub your potatoes thoroughly as you will be cooking them with the skin on.
- Get your other ingredients ready. The ingredients include ; 1 1/4 tsp salt; 3 cloves garlic, chopped; 1 heaped tsp ginger, chopped; 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped; 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped; 1 tsp dried thyme; 50ml pure vegetable oil; 30ml white grape vinegar and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Cut your potatoes (2 1/2 kg) into wedges by first cutting them in half vertically, then in half again horizontally. You may further cut each quarter in half thereby making your potato wedges. Put them in a bowl.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a jug.
- Pour the herbal mixture over the potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes in the herbal mixture until each wedge is coated with it.
- Line your baking sheet with foil paper.
- Roast the potato wedges at 180 degrees Celsius until tender, crispy and golden brown.
- Your potato wedges are done! Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You can serve this with some roasted meat of your choice and a salad. Let me know how it goes when you try it out, it would be great hearing from you. Sign-up here to receive new recipe alerts by email.