- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain (all purpose) flour
- 300 ml - 400 ml chicken/beef stock
- 1 tsp salt
- Half tsp black pepper
- Gravy boat (contact me to get one such as mine here)
- Measuring jug
- Get ingredients together. These include; 1 tbsp margarine
1 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tbsp plain (all purpose) flour
300 ml – 400 ml chicken/beef stock
1 tsp salt
Half tsp black pepper
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and fry until aromatic.
- Add flour and stir for about a minute.
- Add the stock whilst whisking simultaneously (to avoid lumps forming). Add salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, whilst whisking still until gravy is smooth and velvety.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat and that’s it! Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Enjoy drizzled over potatoes or rice!