- 1/2 large bunch spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- white sauce
I remember this one time as a child when my grandmother came to visit us. She made this delicious creamed spinach for us. Before her visit I used to despise spinach but after eating it I was sold over and up until now I’m still sold! This is my effort of trying to replicate what she did and it’s a pretty good one if I should say so myself! It went down well with everyone. In this recipe I used white sauce to create the “creamed” effect. Learn how to make white sauce- CLICK HERE.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Medium sized pot
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Apron (get one here)
- Get your ingredients ready which are 1/2 large bunch spinach; 1/2 tsp salt; 2 tbsp pure vegetable oil and white sauce). Wash your spinach under running water and cut it up. Heat oil in pot and add the spinach.
- Add salt and fry until it is just about cooked (about 3 – 5 minutes). Click Here to learn how to do so.
- Take set aside pot with cooked spinach. Pour the white sauce into the pot with spinach.
- Stir until the white sauce is well incorporated into the spinach.
- After stirring, this is what is should look like (see image below on step 5).
- Close pot, reduce heat to the lowest notch and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Your creamed spinach is ready.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You can serve this with rice as I did or mashed potatoes. Let me know how you find it when you try it out. Leave a comment below. Are you on my mailing list? Sign-up here to get new recipe alerts by email.