- 500ml fresh cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Fresh cream frosting also known as whipped cream has in the past few years become the preferred icing on cakes and confectioneries over butter cream icing. Not that there is anything wrong with butter cream icing but fresh cream frosting gives a cake, cupcake or muffin a certain type of freshness and flavor which butter cream may not. This is an easy icing to make and the results will be fantastic all the time if you do it right. Use it on any of the baking goodies that you will make.
- Put mixing bowl and whisk or electric hand-mixer attachments in the freezer for 10 min. Get your ingredients ready. After 10 min get bowl and equipment from freezer. Pour fresh cream (500ml) into chilled mixing bowl.
- Whisk until peaks begin to form.
- Slowly add icing sugar (3 tbsp) and continue to whisk until soft peaks form. Switch to using a hand held whisk
- Whisk by hand briefly and then add vanilla essence (1 tsp). Whisk briefly again and check for the frosting thickness. It should not be runny.
- Your fresh cream frosting is ready!
Pictorial Detail Instructions
I would like to hear how it went with icing your cake, cup cake or muffin. Leave a comment below!