- 500g fat free mince
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup oats
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- A drizzle of olive oil/ pure vegetable oil
- Flour for dusting hands
- With your oats (1 cup), egg (1 egg, lightly beaten), apricot jam (1/4 cup), onion (1 small onion, finely chopped), garlic (3 cloves, chopped), ginger (1 tsp, chopped), salt (1 ts;p), ground black pepper (1/2 tsp) and fat free mince (500g) ready, add all the ingredients save for the oil and flour to the mince. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Dust your hands with flour to prevent the meat from sticking to your hands and form patties. You may do this by forming a ball first as though you are preparing meatballs then flatten it to form a patty. Refrigerate your patties for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow the patty to set. After 30 minutes, take a oven proof pyrex dish and drizzle some olive oil in it. Lay your patties inside the greased pyrex dish then drizzle some more olive oil over the patties. Grill at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 5 for 35 minutes or until they have browned up. Flip them over half way through the cooking. Serve as you wish!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
To put the icing on the cake to make this a really healthy burger, you may have a wholewheat roll or a brown bread roll! At the time of preparing this I didn’t have ay readily at hand but it was still delicious… really delicious!! Try it and let me know how you fared. Sign-up here for my popular daily newsletter with new recipes. This way you won’t miss any new recipes on ZimBoKitchen even when you are unable to check-in on the site. Sign-up here. Thanks!