- 500g cooked rice
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp caramel essence
- 2 1/2 cups fresh milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Looking for something different to do with your rice? Or perhaps a warm, comforting dessert? This rice custard is just the perfect thing. It’s so easy to make and the taste is just amazing!
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Mini Casserole dish/ Ramekins (check my online store if you need some)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Get your ingredients ready. These are 500g cooked rice; 1/2 cup sultanas; 3 eggs; 1/2 cup granulated sugar; 1 tsp caramel essence; 2 1/2 cups fresh milk and 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Also get your mini casserole dish ready.
- Lightly grease the dish with margarine/butter.
- Put eggs in bowl.
- Add the milk.
- Add the essence, sugar and ground cinnamon. Give everything a good whisk until well combined.
- Add the cooked rice and sultanas.Mix gently.
- Spoon/ gently pour into greased casserole dish.
- Put the casserole dish or ramekins (if you want to serve the dessert individually) in a bigger casserole dish or tray. Fill the tray or dish up with water three quarter way. Bake in preheat oven for 45 min or until the custard has set. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
It’s an absolute “must-try” if you haven’t done so already! You can also serve this hot or cold with a dollop of whipped cream. Let me know how it goes in your kitchen when you tr it out.