- 2 tins shredded tuna in oil
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 sprig shallots/spring onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- A little oil for frying
I love tuna and so do my kids. So other than just making sandwiches or a salad I decided to prepare patties. They enjoyed these very much as Tuna Burgers 🙂 It’s pretty easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare as well as cook.
- Get all your ingredients ready. These are 2 tins shredded tuna in oil, 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, 1 sprig shallots/spring onion, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 egg, beaten and a little oil for frying. Put the first four ingredients in a bowl and combine gently. Roll them into balls them flatten them and put in a grease-proof paper lined tray (This is so they don’t stick to the tray). Refrigerate for at least 30-40 mins in order for the patties to firm up.
- Heat oil in pan, add the patties and fry until browned. About a minute and a half on each side. You’re done, enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You can enjoy these as Tuna Burgers or just as they are with a salad. I put a dollop of sweet chilli sauce and garnished with some fresh mint leaves… yum! Try it out and let me know how it goes in the comments below. Are you on my mailing list for new recipes? If not sign-up here and get latest recipes as soon as they are published.