- 1/2 can tinned tomato and onion mix
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tsp dried basil/ fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp pure vegetable oil
In the quest to make a hearty delicious pizza, I decided to try and make my own base sauce instead of using tomato puree which can sometimes be a bit too sharp in taste. I should say, I was more than well pleased with the results of this base sauce. It made the pizza all the more tasty. The great thing about this sauce is that it’s down right easy to make and you’ll be done in less than 10 minutes! Okay,let’s get to it.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- 1 frying Pan
- a chopping board
- a knife
- a wooden spoon
- Get together your tinned tomato and onion mix (1/2 can of tinned tomato and onion mix) as well as some chopped garlic (2 cloves) and dried basil (3 tsp). Fresh basil will work too.
- Put oil in a pan. Add garlic and1 tsp of the basil and slowly heat this up for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tinned tomato and onion mix and the rest of the basil (2 tsp).
- Stir and let this simmer for about 3-5 minutes and you’re ready to roll! The sauce is ready 🙂
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s all there is to it. Very simple but makes an amazing difference to your pizza! Try it and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Remember to leave your comment below when you’ve tried it, I’d love to hear from you. Sign-up here to receive recipe updates by email