- 125ml pure vegetable oil
- 60ml grape vinegar (white vinegar)
- 60ml apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
As I was doing this marinade I was filled with lots of uncertainty as I wasn’t sure if it was all going to come together. After mixing everything giving it a little taste and adding a couple more ingredients, it came out quite well. You can use this for chicken, pork, or if you can duck or quail particularly if you are out of Zimbabwe you can use this marinade too. See here how I used this very marinade with chicken.
- Get a good sized bowl ready. Put your 125ml pure vegetable oil in the bowl. Add all the other ingredients save for mayonnaise and whisk. These ingredients are 60ml grape vinegar (white vinegar),60ml apple cider vinegar,3 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp ground black pepper,3 tsp salt,2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce,3 tbsp lemon juice,1 tsp honey and 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs.
- Add 2 tbsp mayonnaise and whisk.
- Your marinade is ready. Store in an air-tight bottle or container and refrigerate until required. NB :- as this does not have any preservatives do not keep it for more than 7 days in your fridge.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s it! Quick and easy and tasty too when applied on a selection of poultry meats. Remember not to keep for over 07 days in your fridge as the marinade does not have preservatives. I’m eager to know how it goes in your kitchen with this marinade. You are most welcome to sign-up for my mailing list which I use to send out new recipes. You may sign-up here. Thanks for reading!