- 150g maltabella/ sorghum (jhupfu hwemafunde)
- 400ml boiling water
- enough cold water to make a paste
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Flat rounded wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Have your sorghum at hand.
- Put 150g of the sorghum into a saucepan.
- Add enough cold water to make a paste.
- Put saucepan on stove top on medium-high heat. Add boiling water (400 ml) whilst stirring simultaneously.
- Keep stirring until porridge begins to thicken and starts to simmer (If porridge seems too thick you may add more hot water). Close pot and allow it to gently simmer for about 20 minutes or so. You should be able to smell that it is done!
- Your porridge is ready to be served!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You may add some milk or butter/margarine and sugar to taste if you wish. It’s a great “pick-me-up” food for the morning. Try it out. Sign-up for new recipe alerts by email.