- 500g fat free beef mince
- 300g pork/chicken mince
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into rings
- Red, white & Green peppers
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- oil for frying
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Slotted spoon
- As always, get the ingredients ready. These include 500g fat free beef mince; 300g pork/chicken mince; 4 cloves garlic, minced; 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced; 1/2 medium onion, chopped finely; 1/2 medium onion, cut into rings; Red, white & Green peppers; 2 tbsp granulated sugar; 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce; 3/4 tsp salt; 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper; 1/2 tsp English mustard; 1 tsp curry powder; 1 egg, lightly beaten and oil for frying.
- Put the mince in a bowl.
- Put all the ingredients into the bowl with meat and give a good stir, until well combined.
- Roll the meat up into meatballs and refrigerate for about 30 min. This is so that the meatballs set as well as to enhance their flavour.
- Whilst the meatballs are in the fridge, heat oil in pan and add the julienned peppers and onion rings.
- Fry for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the meatballs and cook them over medium-low heat until they cooked through and have browned, giving each side about 5-7 min to cook. Alternatively you may put these in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit, drizzle some oil and grill until they have browned in colour.
- Your meatballs are done! Take the set aside sauteed peppers and add them to the meatballs when serving.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s all there is to it. Do let me know when you try them out, it would be great hearing from you. Just leave a comment in the box below.