- 3/4 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 50g margarine
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- extra milk for brushing
- extra flour for kneading
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 5. Get your ingredients ready. These are mashed pumpkin (3/4 cup), castor sugar (1/4 cup), margarine (50 g), self-raising flour (2 1/2 cups), milk (3 tbsp), 1 egg lightly beaten and mixed spice (1/4 tsp). Put sugar and flour in bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
- When light and fluffy, gradually add the egg, mixing in between the addition. Add pumpkin, sifted flour and mixed spice and mix until just combined. Add milk and mix to form a sticky dough.
- Transfer this dough to a floured surface and knead lightly for about 5 minutes. Roll out your dough to about 2 cm thick. Grease your baking sheet well.
- Using a cutter of your choice, cut out the scones and lay them in the baking tray. Brush each mini-scone with milk then bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Place on cooling rack for just 5 minutes to allow a brief cooling down then serve immediately. If you wish you may still have them as a lunchbox idea, cooled down, or even at a kids’ party, they still taste just as good.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
These will taste great straight out of the oven with some margarine or butter spread on them and a hot cuppa! Try them out and leave me some feedback below on how it worked out in your kitchen. Thanks!