- 390g Plain Flour
- 125g granulated white sugar
- 40g custard powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 125ml buttermilk
- 125ml fresh cream
- 150g cold margarine/butter, chopped
- Measuring scale
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring jug
- Table knife
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Get your ingredients together. These include;390g Gloria Plain Flour125g granulated white sugar40g custard powder½ tsp salt
1 ½ tbsp baking powder
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 punnet fresh strawberries, chopped
1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
125ml fresh cream
150g cold margarine/butter, chopped
- Line your baking sheet with baking paper, lightly grease and set aside. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put sugar and salt in mixing bowl. Sift flour, custard powder, baking powder and nutmeg into the same bowl with sugar and salt.
- Cut in the cold margarine/butter using a table knife until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Alternatively you may rub in the cold margarine/butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Make a hole in the middle, add the essence, strawberries, fresh cream and buttermilk. Mix gently until well combined.
- Lightly dust your working area with flour. Knead the dough for 10 min. Roll it out to about 2 cm thick.
- Use a scone cutter or a glass dipped in flour at the rim to cut your scones out. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheat oven for 10-15 min or until lightly browned. Allow to cool briefly on the cooling rack. Enjoy!